The New Presonus R65 Studio Monitor Is Here!
Follow the success of Presonus Eris Series Monitors, Persons has expanded its studio monitor range. I’m excited about the new R65 studio monitor!
Presonus R65 features a custom 6.8-inch2 Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter that responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies. This allows you to hear the “air” and the greater sense of space that is characteristic of audiophile recordings. The R series’ transparent and highly accurate sound makes them ideal for use in both commercial and home recording studios as well as broadcast and post-production environments.
Unlike a traditional 1-inch dome tweeter, an unfolded AMT tweeter diaphragm provides 8 to 13 times the projection area so its sound coverage is much larger. R65 uses custom-coated, woven Kevlar® low-frequency drivers which you will only find in high-end speakers. This rigid cone maintains a more consistent dispersion pattern across its frequency response range. Biamped and driven by a 150W Class D amplifier—making the R series some of the most powerful monitors in their category—these monitors deliver an open, clear, and less fatiguing listening experience.
The transparent sound and responsive transient reproduction make them an ideal solution for anyone who is mixing high-resolution audio.
Components and construction
- 2-way active AMT design provides articulate high-frequency response and wide stereo imaging
- Custom-designed, 6.8-inch, AMT ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies
- 6.5/8-inch Kevlar LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean sound and punchy bass
- Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Acoustic Space settings (Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB) compensate for room placement
Power and safety
- Biamped 150W RMS (LF = 100W, HF = 50W), Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, and subsonic filter protection
- Energy Conservation Mode (with enable/disable) lowers standby power to <0.5W
- External mains fuse
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
Presonus Eris R65 Studio Monitor Specifications
- LF Driver: 6.5″ Kevlar
- HF Drive: Custom AMT Tweeter
- Diaphragm Area: 6.8 inch2 (4400 mm2)
- Equivalent Diaphragm ø: 3″ (75 mm)
- System Power: 150W biamped
- LF Power: 100W
- HF Power: 50W
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz to 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.7 kHz
- Peak SPL (@ 1M): 104 dB
- Dimensions (HxDxW): 12.9″ x 10.3″ x 8″ – (328 mm x 261 mm x 203 mm)
- Weight:14.8 lbs (6.72 kg)