Presonus Eris E3.5 is ideal for gaming and home video production. The Eris E3.5 employs the same technology as the larger Eris models to deliver studio-quality sound, with a smooth and accurate frequency response. Yet they’re compact enough to fit almost anywhere. E3.5 also uses custom-woven Kevlar low-frequency driver. The weave and nature of the Eris E3.5’s 3.5-inch Kevlar woofer result in a more constant dispersion pattern throughout the frequency range, resulting in less time-smeared audio and cleaner overall sound. This is the reason why E3.5 sounds great even at this small size. When you max out the volume of the speakers, you don’t hear any distorted audio.
The Eris E3.5 is equipped with a one-inch silk-dome tweeter that produces a smooth and refined sound, accurately reproducing transients and high frequencies. The tweeter is designed to radiate sound with a fairly wide dispersion pattern, creating a large optimal listening area or “sweet spot” so you can move around and still hear everything accurately. It also comes with three different types of audio inputs, it’s easy to feed audio to your Eris monitors from a mixer, an interface, a media player, or almost any other line-level source. The Eris E3.5 is equipped with rear-panel, ¼-inch TRS and RCA inputs, as well as front-panel ⅛-inch stereo, unbalanced line inputs for use with mobile audio devices. With this selection, you’ll have no problem hooking your Eris speakers up to virtually any line-level source, including your smartphone or tablet. The loud, clear, front-panel headphone amplifier lets you work and play in stealth mode, without disturbing your housemates.
This is a pair of speakers that is great if you need to bring it around and play through your smartphones. It’s also good for small room monitoring. If you have more budget and looking for better performance speakers, you can check out the Eris E4.5 or Eris E5 here.
Components and construction
- 3.5-inch (89 mm) Kevlar® low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Rear-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- High- and low-frequency tuning controls
- Front-panel Volume control for speakers and headphone amplifier
Power and safety
- 50 watt (25W/side), Class AB bi-amplification
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
Inputs and outputs
- Balanced ¼-inch TRS, unbalanced 1/8-inch stereo, and RCA inputs
- Integrated stereo headphone amplifier with front-panel 1/8-inch output
- Power Configuration:Bi-amped
- LF Driver Size:3.5″ woofer
- LF Driver Type:Kevlar
- HF Driver Size:1″ tweeter
- HF Driver Type:Silk dome
- Total Power:50W Class AB (25W per side)
- Features:High/Low EQ tuning
- Input Types:2 x 1/4″ TRS, 1 x Dual RCA Stereo, 1 x 1/8″ (aux in)
- Output Types:1 x 1/8″ (headphones), Bare Wire strip (out to right speaker)
- Enclosure Type:Rear Ported
- Enclosure Material:Medium-density fiberboard, vinyl laminated
- Weight:6.4 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:E 3.5