M-Audio presents its Code Series keyboard controllers, a family of three full-featured models, combining all of the production power and performance you need to get the most from your music software and MIDI gear.
The M-Audio Code 49’s semi-weighted keybed is first-class; professional all the way. Designed to feel like an instrument rather than a computer peripheral, these keys communicate musical expression to your DAW with an efficacy you never thought possible. That’s always been the challenge with MIDI and computer-based music creation – and the Code 49 attacks it head-on. Of course, no pro keyboard controller is complete without aftertouch, and the Code 49 has it. So go ahead and lean into the last note of that smokin’ lead line and give it some tasty vibrato.
Code controllers are equipped with everything you need to produce some serious musical creations. Extensive assignable parameter control is a breeze with multiple banks of faders, knobs, buttons, pads, and a smooth feeling pitch bend and modulation wheel on top. New to the line of M-Audio controllers is the X/Y Touchpad, which provides additional and direct interaction with effects and instrument plugin parameters across an X/Y axis.
In addition, the keyboards can be split into four assignable zones to maximize the flexibility and functionality of your setup. (ie: trigger four different instruments in their own separate zone, or overlap zones and trigger two instruments at the same time).
Most every DAW uses keyboard shortcuts to execute common functions (like adding tracks, cut, paste, etc.). Now with support for ASCII/HID keyboard shortcut commands, you can map these commonly used shortcuts right to the controller itself, streamlining your workflow for a faster, more efficient and far more satisfying creation/production process. Code also supports Mackie Control/HUI control modes, so right out of the box you are ready to work with most DAWs with minimal setup.
There are 16 assignable RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads to indicate at a quick glance exactly what function any particular pad is assigned to. The buttons, knobs and faders are also color-coded to indicate what mode they’re in. An alphanumeric LED display provides informative feedback, including on-screen display of parameters and settings. It all adds up to no confusion, no guessing, just precision control.
A comprehensive software package is included—Ableton Live Lite, full versions of AIR Music Technology’s award winning virtual instruments Loom and Hybrid 3.0—so you have unrestricted access to the best creative tools.
• 49 full-size, velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch and four assignable zones for splits and layering.
• Fully assignable XY pad for HID control and a unique way for controlling multiple parameters in virtual instruments
• 16 fully assignable velocity-sensitive trigger pads for beat production, clip launching, and more
• 8 assignable 360 encoders for manipulating your DAW, virtual instruments and plugins
• 9 assignable faders lets you control your DAW, virtual instruments and plugins
• 9 assignable buttons lets you assign keyboard hotkey and MIDI messages for controlling your DAW and Virtual Instruments
• Mackie/HUI transport control enables for a simple setup with the most popular DAWs
• LCD provides instant parameter feedback
• Sustain and Volume pedal input for further creative control
• USB-powered with 5 pin MIDI in and out allows for sending MIDI from PC sequencers to your favorite analog synth
• Includes Ableton Live Lite
• Includes Hybrid 3.0 and Loom by AIR Music Technology
• Minimum: Windows 7 (32 and 64)
• Minimum: OSx 10.7.5