Cheap computer speakers and home-stereo speakers are designed to make music sound good and hide the flaws, while most low-cost studio monitors are hyped to sound good in the store showroom. If you mix on those speakers, you won’t hear problems that can show up in your final production.
Not so with PreSonus Eris-series active studio monitors. Thanks to well-designed Kevlar® low frequency transducers, low-mass silk-dome tweeters, responsive Class AB amplification, and professional acoustic-adjustment controls, Eris delivers the goods. The quality that you are getting is way higher than the price that you are paying.
Good response in low and high frequency, open sounds. Eris E4.5 performs a lot more better compare with the same range speakers the market. I can guarantee the moment you hear it, you will find it “Wao!”. This is the best studio monitor speakers for those who have limited budget yet want to get something that is workable.
Each Eris E4.5 pair consists of one active speaker and one passive speaker. Primary connections are located on the back of the active speaker, which provides signal and power to the passive speaker through a regular speaker wire connection. One pair of balanced 1/4″ TRS inputs and a pair of unbalanced RCA inputs give you flexibility for line-level input. A 1/8″ jack on the front of the same speaker allows you to plug in an MP3 player to check how everything sounds on a mobile device.
Components and construction
- 4.5-inch Kevlar® low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- 100 dB (E4.5) maximum continuous SPL
- HF Driver Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Midrange Driver Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB) for accurate mixing contour
- Highpass filter (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
Power and safety
- 50, Class AB biamplification
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
Inputs and outputs
- Balanced XLR/¼-inch
- Balanced ¼-inch TRS and unbalanced 1/8-inch TS, RCA inputs
- 1/8-inch stereo headphone output