The sE4400a is a true all-rounder, vintage-look condenser microphone. You can put it up on just about anything and it’ll sound great. With its hand-made brass capsule, four-polar-pattern-versatility and all. And like the classics, the 4400a sounds great on everything. Vocals, guitars, toms, overheads, classical pianos, strings, you name it. Its tonal versatility is practically unmatched.
The flat, round-edged chassis design and custom suspension mount allow the mic to be centered within the shock, flipped around and used flat against a drum head or guitar cab, or angled outwards and pushed through inside of a kick drum. And at less than 3/4″ thick, it fits neatly in the palm of your hand, but is built to take a beating on the road.
The mic has a unique, black, non-reflective, non-marking, rubberized finish which is ideal for live stage, theatre, TV and broadcast applications which require lighting.
“Having used the sE4400a’s for the piano parts on Coldplay’s latest album, I wish I’d had them on piano duty for the previous record too.”– Rik Simpson, Engineer/Producer (Coldplay, Jay-Z, Portishead) –
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 32mm Twin Gold/Mylar
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid, Hyper Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 25.12 mV/Pa (-32 dB)
- Max SPL: 122/132/142 dB (0/-10/-20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB
- Self Noise: 16 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 60/120 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10/-20 dB
- Matching Connectors: XLR3F
- Power requirement: 48V phantom
- Weight: 280g